Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Saturn and Master Yoda: A Phenomenology of Inclusion

There's a lot of Star Wars going on here right now. I'm sitting in my friend's house while he's on a portrait painting marathon, and currently, as Capricorn is rising, Master Yoda is the subject of the hour. 

We even have the soundtrack to A New Hope playing. 

Lately I'm drawing inspiration from Yoda as an emblem of Saturn's Mastery. 

What if Saturn, as the farthest visible body, contains and includes all of the other bodies? And what if that means accessibility and mastery of all the other spheres? So, if you're "doing" Saturn properly, you're also inherently "doing" all of the other spheres which come before him? 

Master Yoda can still do Mars. Even in an 800-year-old body, he kicks ass. 

It's as if, once you've reached the highest sphere and made that climb all the way up, you can then drop back down the ladder to any of the other spheres and inhabit them with ease and ability. 

I imagine martial arts training is much the same way - one moves from blue to black belt, for example, but once you're at black it's not as if you forget everything from the blue level.

Black is an extension of blue. 

So what if Saturn is an extension of the other planets?

What if every sphere is an extension of what has come before? So that, when we get to Mercury we can know him fully in his own right but then also know him as building upon everything the Moon is? He's Mercury-and-Moon? 

And so on up the ladder. 

I suppose it's a bit like the Russian nesting doll idea, but I'm after a phenomenology of inclusiveness that reaches its greatest expression in Saturn. And beyond.

Maybe this property of inclusiveness I'm touching at is even the defining characteristic of the human Soul. I'm not sure yet. 

To know something in its own right and then feel it metaxically blended with everything else feels very Lunar to me, suggesting to me once more the great primacy and Mystery of the Moon when it comes to Soul. All things do seem to lead back to the Moon. 

But then, all things seem to lead back to Saturn, too. 

Sometimes I'm tempted to think of the Moon as the most important body in the system, even more than the Sun! I mean, she is Soul Incarnate. The Mistress of Blended Space! 

I really like the way an inclusive Saturn feels. It's a tough road, mastering all the spheres. It means containing contradiction. But suddenly, a vision of cosmic totality and a crystal-clear view for miles is really appealing. And it feels like Saturn is the way to this!



P.S. I think Mercury, the Great Mimic, is integral to this process, but I basically see Saturn and Mercury as reflections of the same entity. So, when I say Saturn, in my head I'm almost thinking Mercury at once. Puer-Senex.