Wednesday, August 15, 2018

All the King's Horses




Mars moving retrograde has been the theme of my life these last few weeks, and it continues to be so with drastic effects.

Late Sunday night Mars entered Capricorn. It was around 10pm here, and within 12 hours, I got dumped by the guy I was seeing. He had said that he was going to wait until Mars was out of retrograde to make any big decisions, but I guess plans changed. Looks like Mars changing signs was all he needed to change his mind, and the decision was made.

It really is an excellent astrology example. Too bad it felt like absolute shit and a huge betrayal, shaming me greatly and leading to some pretty drastic decisions of my own. Sometimes when the astrology is so "on" you can marvel at it even through suffering.

Mars has been a big player for me in many ways this year. By more than one technique, Mars has significant testimony in my life. My ascendant is profected to Aquarius this year, so Mars' presence there has had a huge impact on my health and physical well-being. Witness my posts about my exercise routine going off the chart and into high gear (Mars is out of bounds, too). My age point has also reached Aries, which is in trine to my natal Mars in Leo in the 9th (men from foreign lands - and my profected 7th). And, in my solar return this year, Mars is sitting right on my natal Moon with the solar return Moon only a few degrees away.

Yeah, something is happening to my body this year.

But something is happening to my mind and heart, too.

I've been wondering what would happen when Mars entered Capricorn, keeping in mind that, for me, it would transit into my profected 12th, a place I have found in the past to signify losses of mind, body, property, and the ending of relationships. I had met this now-lost man while Mars was in Aquarius, so it makes sense that, as soon as Mars stationing retrograde and moving into Capricorn would indicate the loss.

Color me corrected.

I didn't see it coming, but now I'll know what to look for next time.

I can't wait to see what develops when Mars goes back into Aquarius. A horary will be a quick way to see if he's coming back, but based on the Mars movements, I'd be surprised if I didn't hear from him when Mars is direct and recapitulates his conditions of our meeting time.

I've also been wondering how Mars will act while retrograde and in Capricorn. I had read in Vedic literature that when an exalted planet is retrograde it acts fallen, and likewise when a fallen planet is retrograde, it acts exalted.

Now I know I can't blend Vedic and Western rules too much, but I'm fascinated to see if Mars is acting fallen now. Fallen planets are pretty drastic and severe, prone to exaggeration and overcompensation.

I wonder if my guy felt the pressure and did something drastic?

I can report that some pretty drastic things have been going on in my soul, and of a "shut the door", 12th house nature. I made some Martial decisions to divide myself from certain things and return to seclusion and hermitage. Mars does rule my 12th natally, and he is a bit of a loner as it is.

I will also be relying on the inherent nature of Mars to shut some other facets of my personality down that I feel are not "working." Mostly, these are the Venus things, and in my soul now, Mars and Saturn are joining forces to restrain my wild, foolish, and ultimately harmful Venus. The celibate warrior is coming out to play, and I'm exploring his superiority to Venus (superior in the sense that Mars' orbit is above that of the Sun and, by extension, Venus').

I've been working on gating off my Venus anyway as I navigate and find a livable version of my natal Saturn overcoming Venus. Some of that is dietary and inclusive as I add in foods signified by that aspect (more able cider vinegar), and some of that is exclusive and forbidding (no alcohol allowed).

I'm glad I've been working already on negating some of Venus' significations with Saturn through my denial and won't-power; I can rely on some of the practice I've already been employing the last seven months to gate off some other aspects of Venus that are out of balance and leading me consistently down paths of destruction, ill physical and mental health, and dangerous situations in love that rob me of my possessions, money, and self-esteem.

I won't describe what they are yet - saying it out loud too soon will ruin the implementation and drain my intention of its effectiveness, but, Mars is now in its exaltation: a new phase of the game has begun.

Aretha is in hospice care. The video I posted above is probably my favorite. We've been thinking a lot about her. When she goes, may it be surrounded by love and care.

Like the song says, something drastic has happened. It feels perfect for Mars entering Capricorn.

The pieces are all over the floor.